Sunday 23 March 2008

Easter Sunday

According to Christian calendar today is Easter Sunday. Today also the first time for me to celebrate the Easter Sunday in Kuching. This morning I wake up around 6a.m and prepare myself. This morning I walk to bus-station alone and this is the first time I use bus alone. Usually I go to church together with my friend Steven Chung but he move out from hostel this semester. Around 6:45a.m I arrive the church and the church name Holy Trinity Church. I arrive early because the mass started at 7:30a.m and we will say the Rosary at 7a.m. This morning the mass celebrant is Rev. Fr. Stephen Lim. The mass as usual as Sunday mass but this morning the mass had added another part which the part is the renewal the baptize promise. At that part, the Altar server will light the candle with the fire and the fire only can get from the Easter candle. After the candle lighted, Fr. Stephen Lim starts asking the question and blesses us with Holy Water. After the final prayer & final blessing, the youth committee of the church gave some Easter present to the children that 12 year old and below. According to Fr. Stephen Lim during his time the church give the egg to children as Easter present but now a day people use chocolate as Easter present. Finally, the mass ended at 9a.m.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger
Copyright © 2008-present
http:dominicting.blogspot.com